The Slack for Zendesk Support is a Built by Zendesk integration that allows you to interact with Zendesk Support tickets in your Slack channels. It is available on the Team, Professional, and Enterprise plans.
How to install the Slack for Zendesk integration
- Log in to your company Slack workspace.
- Go to the Slack Zendesk integrations page: http://slack.zendesk-integrations.com/slack/install.
- Click Continue.
- Enter your Zendesk subdomain, accept the terms and conditions, and click Next.
- On the Install page, select the channel rules you want to apply.
Note: We recommend you select All Public Channels, which simplifies the post-installation configuration process. You can configure specific public and private channels later.
- Click Install.
Once the installation is complete, you'll be redirected to Slack, and can begin the configuration process (see below).
How to configure the Slack for Zendesk Support integration
Channel notifications are configured from Slack via direct conversation with the Zendesk app. Only Slack admins can configure channel notifications.
- In your Slack account, view the direct message from the integration, and click Get started.
- Using the drop-down menu, select a channel to configure. If you're configuring the integration from within a channel, that channel is selected by default, and you can scroll through the Channels list, or type a channel name to filter your options.
- Click Next.
Only channels that the Zendesk app has been invited to appears in the drop-down options.
- Using the Please choose a type drop-down menu, select the types of notifications you want to receive in this channel. You can select multiple notifications. When you’ve selected your notifications, click Done.
- Using the next Choose an option drop-down menu, select the support group(s) that have permission to post notifications in the channel. Support groups are used to categorize tickets, and restrict agent access based on group membership. By mapping groups to channels, administrators can ensure only relevant ticket events are posted to channels, and can exclude groups that have tickets with sensitive data.
By default, no groups are selected . You must select at least one group so they can post to the channel and for updates to be posted in the channel.
- Click Done.