Once you have connected Zendesk Sell and WordPress using the Zendesk Sell for Contact Form 7 plugin, map Zendesk Sell to the contact form you have created in Contact Form 7 (”CF7”). If you have not yet made the connection, see How to connect Zendesk Sell and WordPress using Zendesk Sell for Contact Form 7 app.
Mapping CF7 form inputs to Zendesk Sell lead information fields
- Open your WordPress, then open Zendesk Sell plugin from the left side bar.
- Go to Zendesk Feeds tab and click Add New.
- Enter a feed name of your choice in 1. Enter feed name.
- Select a Zendesk account from dropdown in 2. Select Zendesk Account.
- Select a contact form you would like to integrate with Zendesk Sell in 3. Select Contact Form.
- Once you selected the above, following steps appear.
- In 4. Map Form Fields to Zendesk Fields, expand Last Name and select the field type as Standard Field, then select your CF7 field that corresponds from Select Field dropdown.
Expand Organization Name, select the field type as Standard Field, then select your CF7 field that corresponds from Select Field dropdown.
- Keep adding your form field(s) and connect with your Zendesk Sell field(s). To do so, first select a Zendesk field from dropdown (ex. First Name), then click +Add Field.
Select the Field Type. Select Standard Field unless you need to add a custom value.
Select your CF7 field that corresponds from Select Field dropdown.
- Repeat the above steps to complete mapping CF7 fields to Zendesk Sell fields.
- Go to 5. Choose Primary Key. If you want to update a pre-existing object, select what should be used as a unique identifier ("Primary Key"). For example, this may be an email address or phone number, etc. When a new entry comes in with the same "Primary Key" you select, a new object will not be created, instead the pre-existing object will be updated.
Check Update Entry box if you want to update the entry that already exists. If you don’t want to update entry if already exists, leave it unchecked.
- Select lead source in 6. Lead Source.
Enable Assign Owner in 7. Assign To if you would like to assign another object owner. Then select the user from dropdown that you want to assign as owner. If you don’t want to assign owners, uncheck Enable.
Click Save Feed when done. You will see a message like this when the feed is successfully updated.
- Test a form submission from your CF7 contact form and check if a new lead is created or an existing lead is updated properly in Zendesk Sell.