Any user in your Slack workspace can create tickets in Zendesk Support. The ticket owner is automatically the Slack authenticated user.
You can create Support tickets directly from Slack, in two ways:
Create a new Support ticket using the slash command
- In the relevant channel, enter
/zendesk create_ticket. A Create new ticket form opens.Note: This command will only work in channels connected to the Zendesk app.
- Enter the following information:
Subject: A brief, descriptive subject for the ticket.
Requester: By default, the user submitting the ticket is selected as the requester. However, you can click and type in this field to display a searchable list of existing Slack users.Note: If an unrecognized user creates a Zendesk Support ticket in Slack, a new Zendesk Support end-user is created and assigned to them. Similarly, when an agent creates a ticket on behalf of someone else, they can select a requester from a list of existing users, or choose to create a new end-user for them.
- Assignee (optional): The name of the Zendesk group or agent you want to assign this ticket to. You can click this field to display a list of groups () and agents(), or enter the name of the group or agent you want to include as the assignee. As you type, you can select the assignee from the displayed list of matches.
- Description: A more detailed description of the ticket. The information in this field is viewable by anyone with access to the ticket.
- Click Submit. A ticket is created in Zendesk Support, and a notification is sent to the channel where it was created.
Create a Support ticket from a Slack message, using the Slack actions menu
- In the Slack channel, hover over the notification message to display the options.
- Click the More actions icon () to display the message actions.
- Select Create a ticket.
- In the Create new ticket form, enter a subject, requester, assignee (optional), and description for the ticket.
The Description field will be pre-populated with the text of the Slack message you're using to create the ticket. You can leave it as is, or edit the text.
- Click Submit. The ticket is created in Support, and is added as a reply to the Slack thread with the Zendesk metadata (ticket number, status, priority, and date/time) included.