Note: You must have the Zendesk Agent Workspace with Social messaging enabled to use this feature.
To support LINE social messages in the Zendesk Agent Workspace, you can add one or more LINE channels to Admin Center. You must be an administrator to add LINE channels.
To add a LINE channel in Admin Center, you need the following information for your LINE account:
- Channel name: Enter a unique name to identify the channel in Admin Center.
- Brand (for accounts with multiple brands): Select a brand to associate with the channel.
- Channel ID and Channel secret: These can be found by navigating to your LINE’s official account manager, clicking Settings” and then selecting Messaging API from the menu on the right-hand side of the screen. Copy the values from the Channel ID and Channel secret fields in LINE to the Zendesk Add channel page.
How to add a LINE channel
- In Admin Center, click the Channels icon () in the sidebar, then select Messaging and social > Messaging.
- Click Add channel and select LINE from the drop-down.
- Find Channel details (Channel ID and Channel secret) by going to your LINE Official Account Manager > Settings > Messaging API.
- Copy the values from the Channel ID and Channel secret fields in LINE to the Zendesk Add channel page. Keep this page open, and open LINE Developer Center in another tab.
- In LINE Developer Center, click Create button next to Providers.
- Under the provider name, enter Zendesk and create the provider.
- Return to the console developer's home, then open up the LINE channel that you wish to connect.
- Click Messaging API.
- Copy the Webhook URL that appears in the Zendesk Add channel page (in step 4).
- Go back to Messaging API tab in your LINE Developer Center, scroll down to Webhook settings. Paste the URL you just copied from Zendesk into Webhook URL, then click Verify.
- Return to LINE Official Account Manager and open Messaging API once again.
- Paste in the same Webhook URL and click Save.
- Return to Zendesk and click the Next button once your Webhook URL has been verified in LINE.
- Click Connect channel.
When the channel connects successfully, a Channel added message appears.
Once you add the channel, you can set up the auto-responder for your LINE channel so it will send messages automatically to an end user when you receive their messages. For more details, see Setting up the auto-responder for social messaging channels.