Deleting users from your account soft deletes them, and that means that the users are still in the Zendesk database and accessible on a limited basis only to Zendesk employees with certain database privileges.
Both agents and administrators can soft delete end users or agents in the agent interface in Zendesk Support. Agents can delete end users, if they have permission, while administrators can delete all users except the account owner. Zendesk retains information about the account owner to continue providing its services.
Agents must have permission to delete users. On Essential, Team, or Professional, permission is provided by default based on the Agent role. Also, agents cannot delete users unless they have Access > All tickets set in their agent profile. On Enterprise, edit a custom agent role, scroll to What access does this agent have to end-user profiles, then select Add, edit, and delete all.
You can't delete an end user or agent who's a requester on a ticket that hasn't been closed yet. See Solved vs. Closed tickets for more details.
- Open the user's profile by doing one of the following:
- Click the Admin > Manage > People, and search for the user.
- Click the user's profile from a ticket submitted by that user.
- In the user's profile, click the User options arrow in the upper right, then select Delete.
- When prompted, click OK to confirm the deletion. If you want to cancel the deletion, click Cancel instead.
If your organization must adhere to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the user wants to be forgotten, permanently delete the user as described below.
How to permanently delete an end user or agent
- Delete a user as described in the previous section.
- Click the Admin icon (), select Manage > People, then click Deleted users in the sidebar on the right side.
A list of deleted users appears.
- Select the user you want to permanently delete from the list.
A screen appears with the user's name and their associated tickets.
- Click Delete User.
Please sign in to leave a comment.