Once you've got an organization and group structure in place, you can use it to manage the ticket workflow and monitor your Zendesk Support activity.
Here are some of the ways you can use organizations and groups in your workflow:
- Automatically assign tickets received from users in an organization to a specific group, referred to as group mapping (see Mapping a group to an organization).
- Map incoming new users to an organization based on their email domain, referred to as user mapping.
- Allow users within an organization to see all the tickets in their organization, referred to as a shared organization (see Setting up a shared organization for end-users).
- Assign agents to support a specific organization (see Manually adding users to organizations).
- Use organization as a condition in a trigger to automatically assign requests to a group or agent.
- Use a trigger condition to test for tags and then automatically assign requests to a group or agent based on those tags.
- Create macros that assign new requests to a group or agent.
- Create automations that escalate tickets to a group or agent.
- Create views by organizations or groups (see Creating views by organization).
- Create reports by organizations or groups.