When you create a side conversation, you choose between using email or using Slack. This article will explain about using Slack for side conversation. For creating side conversation using email, see Creating side conversations using email.
Details about side conversation, see About side conversation feature.
To create a side conversation using Slack
- From the upper-left portion of a ticket, click the plus sign (+) next to Side Conversations.
- Select Slack (instead of Email) as the conversation type.
- Enter the Slack channel and your message. You can also add attachments.
You start a side conversation in one Slack channel at a time. You cannot combine Slack and email conversations. If you have a lot of Slack channels, it may take a few moments to display the list of available channels.
If you have multiple Slack workspaces connected to Zendesk Support, the workspace appears before the channel address. For example. Slack Workspace 1 - #general, Slack Workspace 2 - #general, and so on.
- When you’ve finished composing your message, click Send.
The team in the Slack channel can view your message and reply to the thread directly, without logging into Support.
The Slack replies are automatically included in the ticket’s side conversation. The conversation can continue back and forth, as long as necessary, until you get the information you need.Note: You may experience some delay in updates that occur between Slack and ticket side conversations. Typically, the delay is about 5 seconds, but can be 30 seconds or longer.
- When the side conversation is complete, click Mark done.
To delete a Slack side conversation
To delete a Slack side conversation, you must be the agent who created the Slack side conversation or an administrator.
- From the upper-left portion of a ticket, click Side conversions to see a list of conversations.
- Select the side conversation you want to delete.
You can only delete Slack side conversations. You cannot delete email side conversations.
- Click the action menu icon () on the right side of the conversation, then select Delete message.
- When a confirmation message appears, click Delete to confirm the deletion.
When you delete, the side conversation is removed from the ticket and it is also removed from Slack. Messages edited or deleted on the Slack side are also reflected in side conversations.