Before you can purchase a new phone number in Zendesk Talk, Japan has a specific regulation that requires you to to verify your business in Japan.
To purchase a Japan National Prefix number (+81 50), you need to take these 3 steps:
- Prepare Required documents for business verification for Japan in Zendesk Talk
- Verify your business for Japanese number in Talk (this article)
- Send a request to Zendesk for Japan National Prefix number in Talk
In this article, we explain the second step:
Verify your business for Japanese number in Talk
- Click the Zendesk Products icon () in the top bar, then select Admin Center at the bottom.
- In Admin Center, click the Channels icon () in the sidebar, then select Talk and email > Talk.
- Click the Business verification tab.
- On the Business verification page, click Start verification.
- On the New business verification page, choose Japan and Toll Free, then click Next.
Japan does not have "local" numbers available so even if you need a non-toll free number, which is National Prefix number (+8150), you need to proceed by selecting "Toll Free". For purchasing National Prefix number, you need to send a request to Zendesk and ask them to give you a "National (+8150)" number after going through the wizard. For the detailed steps, see "Sending a request to Zendesk for Japan National Prefix number in Talk".
- On the next page, provide information about your business. When you are finished, click Next.
- In the next section, review the supporting documents you need to supply then click Add supporting document to upload a scan of the supporting documents for your verification.
- On the Add supporting document panel, choose the document type you want to upload to support your business verification. Then, drag the document scan file you want into the Drag files here or select to upload area from your Mac Finder or Windows Explorer app. After you select the file, you might be asked to provide more information such as your name.
Documents must be in JPG, PNG, or PDF format and the maximum file size is 5MB.For documentation requirements, see Required documents for business verification for Japan in Zendesk Talk.
Note: When you submit an ID (driver's license and/or Zairyu card), you are asked to enter Business name and Address. For Business name, enter your company name. For Address and below, enter your personal address that are written on the ID.
- When you are finished, click Next to return to the previous page then continue adding supporting documents until you've uploaded everything you need to support your business verification application. When you are finished, click Next.
- Enter a nickname for the business verification. This is the name you'll use to locate this business verification and see its status on the Business verification tab. You'll also need this nickname when you purchase a phone number. You can change this nickname later.
- When you are finished, click Submit for review.
If you are purchasing the toll-free number, your process is complete. Wait for the verification status to be changed to "Approved" or if "Rejected", follow the instructions from Zendesk/Twillio to meet the requirements.
If you are purchasing the National Prefix number, next step is Sending a request to Zendesk for Japan National Prefix number in Talk.