If you're on Professional or Enterprise, you can set a schedule for your Zendesk Support instance by selecting a time zone, defining business hours, and setting up holidays. On Professional you can set only one schedule. On Enterprise you can set multiple schedules.
If you don't provide 24/7 support to your customers, you can acknowledge your availability and give customers a better sense of when they can expect a personal response to their support requests. Even if you do provide 24/7 support, you can enhance your workflow by setting up views, triggers, automations, and reports based on your business hours set in your schedule.
Setting a schedule for Zendesk Support
Your schedule includes a time zone and specific business hours each day in a weekly schedule for Zendesk Support.
You can also set up holidays as exceptions to the business hours set in your schedule. You can add as many holidays as you like, and they will be treated as outside of business hours and not count toward any metrics you measure in business hours.
After you set a schedule, you can create business rules based on the business hours in your schedule. You can also use business hours in reporting.
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Settings > Schedules .
- (Enterprise only) Click Add schedule. On the schedules page, enter a Schedule name, choose a Time zone, then click Save.
- In the Weekly schedule section, keep the preset business hours or modify the business hours and click Save.
- To move a block of time, drag the time block up or down on that day.
- To change the start or end time, drag the top or bottom of the time block.
- To remove hours from a day, click the X in the upper-right corner of the time block. The day displays Closed.
- To add hours to a closed day, click anywhere on the closed day. A time block appears where you clicked.
The hours you set are relative to the time zone set for your Zendesk (unless you are on Enterprise, and you selected another time zone for your schedule).
- When you are finished, click Save.
- Click Holidays, then click, Add holiday, if you want to set any holidays as exceptions to your scheduled business hours. Note: You can schedule holidays up to two years in advance.
- Enter a Name for the holiday, then click in the first date field to pick a start date, and click in the second date field to pick an end date.
You can choose a single day (by picking the same start and end date) or a date range (by picking different start and end dates). You cannot set a partial day holiday.
- When you are finished, click Confirm. You can add multiple holidays by clicking Add holiday again.
The holidays you add appear in your list of holidays in chronological order.
- (Enterprise only) Click the back arrow to return to the Schedules admin page, then click Add schedule if you want to set multiple schedules.
Now you can use business hours in business rules, reports, Talk, and Liquid markup.